Click on each day to view each at a glance schedule.
After LANS concludes, individual travelers must email scanned PDF copies of their travel receipts to Maria_DoVale@brown.edu at the Executive Office no later than September 28, 2018, to ensure payment.
Summer Research Cohort
Reimbursement requests for summer research cohort travel should be submitted on institutional letterhead along with appropriate documentation of expenses.
Policy Set by Brown
Before reimbursements may be processed, the accounting department at Brown University requires everyone to complete a supplier/vendor form via this secure link.
Expenses covered by the Leadership Alliance:
- Ground transportation to/from event, airport, or train station
- Airfare or train fare
- Luggage fees
- Mileage (personal car use only) or rental car rate and gas
- Parking fees
- Hotel accommodations
Expenses not covered by the Leadership Alliance:
- If you will not be departing from and returning to the same location, please contact Maria DoVale at Maria_DoVale@brown.edu before booking your travel and provide a sample itinerary showing the fare for a round-trip ticket from and returning to the same destination. The Leadership Alliance will reimburse the cost of the round-trip ticket or the cost of the less expensive itinerary.
- The Alliance is unable to reimburse expenses without a receipt. Credit card statements may not be submitted in lieu of lost receipts.
- If you are requesting reimbursement for personal car mileage, please provide a Google or Mapquest map showing your point of origin, destination, and miles traveled.
- Additional meals that are not provided during the event
- Trip insurance fees
- Seat upgrades or early boarding fees
- Incidental purchases at the hotel
Please contact Maria DoVale with any questions.